15.3.13


Legendary soul from the vaults of Stax Records that inspired the classic sounds of the Wu-Tang Clan.
'Shaolin Soul Selection Volume 1' presents 24 original recordings, nearly two and a half hours of essential soul music on 2 CDs from the vaults of Stax Records and its subsidiary labels that inspired the RZA and the classic sounds of the Wu-Tang Clan from the debut 'Enter The 36 Chambers' released in 1993 right through to the present day.

Tracklisting
Disc 1
1. I Forgot To Be Your Lover - The Mad Lads
2. Joy - Isaac Hayes
3. In The Rain - The Dramatics
4. I Could Never Be Happy - The Emotions
5. Don't Take My Kindness For Weakness - The Soul Children
6. I'm Afraid The Masquerade Is Over - David Porter
7. Sing A Simple Song - Booker T & The MGs
8. Packed Up And Took My Mind - Little Milton
9. Poverty's Paradise - 24-Carat Black
10. I'll Play The Blues For You - Albert King
11. All It Takes Is You And Me - The Sweet Inspirations
12. As Long As I've Got You - The Emotions

Disc 2
1. I Forgot To Be Your Lover - William Bell
2. Ike's Mood 1 - Isaac Hayes
3. Move Over - The Soul Children
4. Hang On Sloopy - David Porter
5. Steal Away - Johnnie Taylor
6. Cold Feet - Albert King
7. Why Marry - The Sweet Inspirations
8. I Like It - The Emotions
9. Keep The Fiath - Mel & Tim
10. Walk On By - Isaac Hayes
11. LA Jazz Song - Booker T & The MGs
12. Children Don't Get Weary - Judy Clay
Available from 19.04.2013

No comments:

Post a Comment